Skip to main content

Popular posts from this blog

Top 6 things that you should not buy new

1. Cars Unlike houses, cars depreciate 15-20% during the first three years. 2. Books Most books are only read once and then put up on a shelf. You can find books at your local library or used books at garage sales, amazon.com, ebay.com, half.com, and bookfinder.com 3. Designer Clothing Ebay.com and your local thrift store is a good place to start with used designer clothing. 4. CD's and DVD's You can find great deals at garage sales, ebay, and craigslist. 5. Baby items, toys and games Take advantage of garage sales and craigslist this Summer. 6. Homes House usually appreciate with time. Right now is a good time to buy a used home that you can fix up.

Day 10

Why did I decide to do this? A lot of people want to know why I chose to not buy anything for a year. Here are a few reasons why: 1. I would like to do what is better for the planet. 2. I like the idea of recycling. 3. I have bills that I need to pay so I figured this would be a good way to cut back. 4. My house is crowded. I have too much. 5. New stuff is expensive. My reasoning is a mixture of "save the planet" and "saving money".

Some things I have to buy new

Here is a list of things that I just have to buy new. Things You Need To Get New (Likely Exemptions) Food Underclothing Toiletries like toothpaste and shampoo Anything needed for health and safety reasons Anything needed for hygienic reasons other than that, everything else is going to be used. So far I havn't needed very much of anything. I was one of those people who has to much. I loved to shop for bargains and because of this my house is overflowing with stuff. I'm still working on getting rid of stuff that I do not need.